The HAN knowledge base
HAN 4.1.0 is available
New functionality and bug fixing in the current version 4.1.0
The recently launched HAN Version 4.1.0 offers the following new functionality:
- HAN supports from now on ‘Global Permissions’. With ‘global authorization’ you can specifyconditions and relate to those in separate permission. For instance, an IP range can now be defined in a global permission and in all other permissions you can refer to this definition.
- Redesign of the database access in the HAN kernel and authentication modules. These modules work with better performance and use less system resources through connection pooling.
- The HAN kernel offers from now on the option to delete persistent cookies with the reference to the HAN server.
- HAN verifies automatically over the login page and the cookie-check function, if more than 50 persistent cookies exist in the browser with reference to the HAN server. If this is the case, the cookies will automatically be deleted.
- The rewriting engine of HAN supports now the option to find and change values in the HTTP header.
- The HAN API detects if the sent URL is a DOI URL. In this case, the DOI URL is converted to the full text URL and the adequate HAN e-Script will be identified based on this full text URL.
- The used Apache (HAN Web service) has been updated to version 2.4.23 and the OpenSSL libraries have been updated to version 1.0.2j.
- The HAN kernel could crash with not null terminated response bodies.
- In certain cases the HAN web API calculated the Hash wrong.
- When the data editor was not started on the HAN server it was impossible to define LDAP permissions.
- The check mark on the relevant setting has not been shown after the deactivation of the automatic actualization in the e-script qualities.
- The HAN manual is from now on a part of the HAN client and can be opened directly from the executive programs.