The HAN knowledge base
The HAN knowledge base helps you with smaller problems.
HAN 4.1.0 is available
New functionality and bug fixing in the current version 4.1.0
The recently launched HAN Version 4.1.0 offers the following new functionality:
- HAN supports from now on ‘Global Permissions’. With ‘global authorization’ you can specifyconditions and relate to those in separate permission. For instance, an IP range can now be defined in a global permission and in all other permissions you can refer to this definition.
- Redesign of the database access in the HAN kernel and authentication modules. These modules work with better performance and use less system resources through connection pooling.
- The HAN kernel offers from now on the option to delete persistent cookies with the reference to the HAN server.
- HAN verifies automatically over the login page and the cookie-check function, if more than 50 persistent cookies exist in the browser with reference to the HAN server. If this is the case, the cookies will automatically be deleted.
- The rewriting engine of HAN supports now the option to find and change values in the HTTP header.
- The HAN API detects if the sent URL is a DOI URL. In this case, the DOI URL is converted to the full text URL and the adequate HAN e-Script will be identified based on this full text URL.
- The used Apache (HAN Web service) has been updated to version 2.4.23 and the OpenSSL libraries have been updated to version 1.0.2j.
- The HAN kernel could crash with not null terminated response bodies.
- In certain cases the HAN web API calculated the Hash wrong.
- When the data editor was not started on the HAN server it was impossible to define LDAP permissions.
- The check mark on the relevant setting has not been shown after the deactivation of the automatic actualization in the e-script qualities.
- The HAN manual is from now on a part of the HAN client and can be opened directly from the executive programs.