The HAN knowledge base
The HAN knowledge base helps you with smaller problems.
Current HAN 5 Kernel
Changes in the recent HAN Kernel
HAN Kernel 184.108.40.2068::
- Cookie handling for an e-script can be configured to ignore all local cookies from a user's browser.
- Fix for the cookieconsent windows of Cookielaw.org (e.g. at Thieme or Springer). Confirming the cookie request had no effect, each time a new page was called the request was repeated.
- The HAN kernel can also make substitutions in Base64 encoded HTML parameters or cookies.
- The HAN kernel can be instructed to check whether a current session already exists for the user when an e-script is called. If this is the case, the HAN server links into the existing session and does not re-execute a login script.
- The HAN kernel fixes an error that occurred when using a primary HAN server: the primary HAN server was not recognised correctly.
- HAN no longer sends the X-Forwarded-For header to providers if it was sent by clients. Internal IP information can be communicated externally via this header.
The HAN 5.2 kernel can only be used in a HAN 5.2 installation and is not compatible with HAN 5.1!
HAN Kernel 5.1
Please contact the HAN support if necessary.
The recent HAN Kernel can only be loaded from the local HAN installation. The download link is shown in the page 'Version Information'.
For accessing the page "Version Information" you need to login with an administrative HAN user account.
The following steps are necessary to replace the HAN kernel on the HAN server:
- Load the current kernel from the information page.
- Go to the directory...\HHH\HAN\Bin\System\web\bin and rename the current HAN kernel (mod_han64.dll).
- Copy the new HAN kernel into the same directory.
- Open the HAN system settings.
- Restart the HAN Webservice.